Learn from UW-Madison alumni who are employed in various industries and employment sectors within Wisconsin and throughout the nation about how they have used their International Studies Major. The IS major has contacted over 2500 alumni, and the data below contains the following information:
- List of employers
- Employment status overview
- Employment by sector
( More recent data is available below.)
IS Major Graduates Profile
The 2015 Graduates Profile
According to responses to a survey the IS Major conducted in November of 2016, more than 70% of alumni who graduated in 2015 had full-time positions, 10% went to grad school, and the rest took a gap year or studied for exams like GMAT and LSAT. Find out what recent grads are up to and how they made their post-graduation plans!
- What were the resources that were helpful in your transition to graduate school or career?
- Career Center
- Careers in Political Science Class
- L&S Career Services
- Fulbright app
- Pre-law advising
- Internship and Career Planning Course on campus
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication career services
- Career Fair
- Resume help
- Networks made through student organizations
- Connections with professors
- Law School Counselor
- UW in DC internship program
- Center for Pre-Health Advising
2. What were the areas of your IS Major that were valuable in your post- graduation transition and career path?
- Writing and critical thinking skills developed in classes
- Cultural understanding
- Ability to speak another language
- Events and career panels put on by the IS Major
- Study abroad experience
If you are interested in connecting with current alumni, please email us at email@example.com. We have about 30 alumni who are doing some amazing work all over the world and are interested in connecting with current students to talk about their careers! Some of the fields include U.S. Department of State, the Ministry of Education of Spain, Peace Corps, Amalfi Estates, Milwaukee public Schools, French Ministry of Education, and Consortium for Energy Efficiency.